Sunday, March 23, 2014

$ Tree Candlesticks/Vases

I made these candlesticks for Valentines Day this year, but never got around to posting them.  You can find similar versions all over Pinterest and Blogland, so I didn't figure mine would be missed.


However, I've had a lot of fun using them in different ways so I thought I'd share an idea or two.

Spray painting the candlestick before gluing the pieces together with E6000 glue really added a nice touch of color.  I'm actually surprised how many ways I can use them in hot pink.  I think a red set is next on my list.

I love to use fillers I already have on hand like......dried peas, candy, moss, colored water, dirt.......and these colorful pony beads!  They remind me of jelly beans - which I think I will eventually replace them with.


Also, notice the hair bands I put around the base.  This is an easy way to add some fun color, but it also creates a great place to tuck a flower or glue something, since I really don't want to glue permanently to the glass.

For Valentines Day, I partially filled them with conversation hearts and a candle.  I think the egg is pretty cute for Easter, too.  My next idea is to see how they would look with Minnie Mouse cake pops for my grandbaby's birthday.  I think they could make adorable centerpieces!  When I get that far, I'll come back and post a pic.

Thanks for stopping by the Tub!

Ellie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)