Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Best Banana Pudding - A Pinterest Find

Banana Pudding is one of my favorite desserts.  I love everyone's!  My mom's (mmmmmm - old fashioned), Paula Dean's (so yummy, but rich), Southern Living at Home, my neighbor's.........Love.Them.All!!!



So, when I came across this simple, simple recipe on Pinterest from The Scrap Schoppe, I thought I'd give it a try.  I knew I would like it.  What intrigued me was her claim that it was   
The Best, but also because it had sour cream in it. 


Well........it really is very delicious, so I had to share!


You can find her link here
but I've listed her basic instructions below:


Ingredients
4 to 6 bananas, sliced
vanilla wafers
2 cups milk
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
1 cup sour cream
1 large Cool Whip
Directions
With a mixer, combine milk, pudding and sour cream.  Fold in 2/3 of Cool Whip until fluffy.
In a dish, layer vanilla wafers, bananas, then pudding mixture. Repeat. 
Top with remaining Cool Whip.*


Lavender Tub Tip:  This pudding tastes best if it rests for 10+ hours.  To help the flavors blend quicker and to soften the wafers faster - crush them instead of using whole.  *Also, I like to use the Cool Whip to fold into the pudding because it holds its fluff, but I think it tastes wonderful when you top with real whipped cream.

This pudding IS very mousse-like as she claims.  It is also especially nice because the sour cream takes a bit of that "too sweet" away.

Y'all c'mon over!  
I just made a big batch so I could take a picture.  
It is not safe for me to be alone with 
this much Banana Pudding!

Thanks for stopping by the Tub,

Ellie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)