Saturday, August 30, 2014

Family Message Board With Cork And Chicken Wire

See this handsome kid?


Well......he is mine.  Would you believe this darned kid grew up, and we moved him to college about 2 weeks ago?  Honestly, this is the first I've been able to say anything about it because I've been kind of sad.  No......I really, truly have.  But, I'm adjusting.  Since he is living in a campus apartment and left his bedroom completely empty, we have been switching rooms around.  The silver lining - I now have 
a studio of my own to put all my machines and messes in!  Woot!  Woot! 
   
I'll show you pics of it when I get finished, but for today - I told you all of that so that I could get to this:  I stole our big message board for my new studio - so now we need another for the family.  LOL!  Here is what I came up with:


I took a frame, cut an old piece of white marker board to fit, turned it around, spray painted the back, glued a cork tile on the top, added chicken wire (for hooks and magnets), and..........voila!


I also added scrapbook paper painted with a chalk board medium (see my post here to learn more) to the cork tile.  It is only tacked on so I can change it with the seasons.


Since it is smaller than the one I stole, I can put it in a more convenient place.  I think everyone will see it here.  It works! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)