Saturday, January 31, 2015

Recipe Card Holder Valentine Gift

 
The $ Tree currently has some super cute Valentines Day items, like these stickers.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to use them for, but I knew I really needed to think of something.


I tested and found they stick quite well to metal washers (I like the ones just slightly larger than the sticker), and metal washers stick quite well to magnets.  Voila!  Cute Valentine magnets.


I also checked to see if magnets would stick to the fake metal trays at the $ Tree, and they do!  This is great, because I am in need of something to hold a recipe while I'm baking.  With the not-so-pretty conduit running under the kitchen cabinets of my 1929 home, I can cover some ugly and create function by attaching the tray to it with magnets.  


I plan to paint mine antique white, but I wanted to share it this way in case anyone needs an inexpensive idea for a Sunday School or Daycare project.  With several kids sharing one sheet of stickers, plus the cost of a washer, magnet, and tray - the holders could be made for about $1.25 each.  I think some mommies and grammies would think this was a sweet gift to hold a recipe or picture. 

Don't you think these are darling stickers?
What ideas do you have for them.....I'd love to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)